This happens to me every time when I blog. Because I am doing research, I end up finding more articles as I go along. I have to say this article: About.com: Laura Lake’s Drip Marketing: Is it Effective?, did not add to much.. but there were two things I found interesting that we should address>
1. The origin of DRIP — Laura’s take:
“It was developed in response to the “Law of 29″ in which many marketers believe that an average “prospect” will not turn into a client until they’ve viewed their marketing message at least 29 times. While I do not necessarily agree with the Law of 29, I do believe in the need to stay in touch with your current and prospective clients in order for them to purchase from you. ”
The law of 29 is crazy. I look forward to finding someone who actually follows that motto in B2B. Go ahead and go with the law of 7 for now. Anyway, interesting…
2. Her four-stop DRIP Marketing plan:
- Step 1: Develop your Plan (Plan something EVERY month)
- Step 2: Strategize the Execution of Your Plan
- Step 3: Decide who your Target is.
- Step 4: Create consistency by developing your slogan or phrase. Then place it on every promotional and marketing piece.
So nothing earth-shattering…but worth noting.