It’s amazing. I’m still talking to marketers who are living in the “10 years ago”. Until everyone is on-board, we have to continue to educate and discuss the most fundamental change in sales and marketing’s life, which is the buyer.
The internet has changed a lot of things in our life (e.g., airport check-in, communication), but the one that effects every B2B and B2C marketer is how people buy. The access to information has changed the buyer we are trying to target forever. In sum, the buyer is in charge. What that means is that you have to change the way you market in order to succeed.
There are a couple of events that I’m really excited about. Focus has joined forces with Marketo and InsideView to hit the road to not only talk to you but talk WITH you about what we can do differently to survive.
It’s starts today:
This morning at 10AM PDT, I’m joining Carlos Hidalgo from Annuitas Group, Maria Pergolino from Marketo, and James Hong from InsideView for a free live webinar on the new customer. We’re going to talk about the data and share anecdotal stories about the new buyer and how sales AND marketers should handle their approach. It’s not too late to join, sign up now for the webinar: Customer 2.0: Why and How You Must Respond to the Changing B2B Buyer or Risk Irrelevance
Then we are taking our conversation to the road on the Customer 2.0 Roadshow, where we can all sit in a room and figure this out. Marketing and sales is invited to join and you should.
Where we’ll be:
- New York – Marriot Marquis, August 4
- Boston Area – Westin Waltham, August 5
- Atlanta – Gordon Biersch, August 17
- Austin – The Belmont, August 19
- Chicago – Hotel Sax, September 16
- San Francisco – Harlot Lounge, September 23
Here is the agenda which will run from 3pm – 7pm:
- Introduction from Focus.com about the changing B2B buyer, followed by Customer 2.0 best practices from the American Association of Inside-Sales Professionals
- Case Studies about marketing to Customer 2.0
- Panel discussion about lessons learned from local marketers doing it best
- Networking & Libations (starts 5:30pm)
It’s going to be a lot of fun and educational, plus it’s free, so check out the details and sign up today.