The Content Hall of Fame continues to grow it’s list of nominees. I am not even sure what to call the content we are reviewing today. Basically, a number of companies created these amazing “Year in Review” pieces which are mashup of infographics, web design, and ebooks. When John Hurley from Radius Intelligence pointed them out to me, I had no idea what they were talking about. When I finally got a chance to review them, I got a “ding-ding-ding; we have a winner!”
First of all, please click on these links and look at these yourself. They are awesome. (Or tell me otherwise in the comments). I have included some of my favorites from Airbnb, Sailthru, and MailChimp.
- Airbnb Annual: Global Growth, Local Love
- Sailthru 2012 Annual Report- The Power of Smart Data
- MailChimp 2012 Annual Report
Today’s content marketers have taken boring content and turned it into visually appealing art. Here are some examples
1. They include fun facts and include employees in the content. B2B Marketer: You would NEVER EVER have done this 2 years ago and some of you wont work up the nerve to do it today)
2. They present their data in a visually appealing way. Again, not done before.
3. They deliver customer success stories that are actually interesting stories that I want to read and present them in a compelling way.
4. They have fun.
Welcome to content marketing. Have fun being marketed to. For a fun exercise, try to think of a time when we ever saw anything like this form a content perspective. Never. It has never been better to be a marketer. Join the party.