Today’s guest post is from Debbie Qaqish of Pedowitz Group. The post is actually very-Funnelholic like. There is humor, b2b marketing, and…Jeff Foxworthy? Enjoy!
I am very distantly related to Jeff Foxworthy and really enjoy his comedic style, especially his “You might be a Redneck if..” jokes. When we were preparing for the 2010 Marketo Summit we launched a Twitter contest to see who could provide the most creative answers in 140 characters. We also accepted answers at our Summit booth. We blew up Twitter and had a blast!
You know you’re a Revenue Marketer when…
- …you walk into a bar and immediately begin segmenting your audience for custom communications.
- …your best end-of-date line is “So, can I opt you in for additional communication?”
- … a first date is just the first touch point of a well planned nurture campaign.
- …you mark your ex-boyfriend as “closed-lost”.
- …your fiancé proposing is marked as “closed-won”.
- …you track the click through rate of your birthday party invite.
- …you consider your folded laundry as closed/won and your laundry basket as a wait step.
- …you assign lead scores to your family members to see who really loves you.
- … when bounce rate has nothing to do with basketball.
- …You de-dupe your grocery list.
- …You A/B split test your holiday cards.
- …you conduct a returns analysis on birthday gifts.
- … you create lead nurturing campaigns to improve attendance at your family reunion.
- …your wife has to sign onto your salesforce account and create an opportunity and a task to get you to do the chores she needs done.
Much has transpired in the world of Revenue Marketing since 2010 and thought we’d ask the question again now, in 2013. So give me your best answer to “You might be a Revenue Marketer if … “ – Five lucky winners will receive copies of my upcoming book – Rise of the Revenue Marketer: An Executive Playbook for providing the wittiest answers. GO!
Debbie Qaqish is Principal Partner and Chief Strategy Officer for The Pedowitz Group, an award-winning Revenue Marketing™ agency. A nationally recognized thought leader, Qaqish has over 30 years of experience helping organizations connect marketing to revenue. She is a pioneer in marketing automation – first as a beneficiary of the technology and now as an advocate and expert. Debbie was named one of the Most Influential People in Sales Lead Management (SLM) for the last two years as well as one of the Top 20 Women to Watch. She coined the term Revenue Marketer® in 2010. Her first book on Revenue Marketing will be published this Fall.
Contact: Debbie@pedowitzgroup.com or http://www.linkedin.com/in/dqaqish.